The FUNDOLIN Story --
For quite some time, I have wanted to design a new entry-level mandolin has all the traits of the really great instruments that compel players to want to keep playing -- a super comfortable set-up, balanced tone, excellent responsiveness, and a classic yet modern look and feel. Now, after about 3 years of experimentation and prototyping, I am confident that the Fundolin meets these goals and is ready to play!
-- Steve Sorensen
The Fundolin takes all the best things about playing the mandolin, violin, and ukulele and brings them together in one really FUN instrument --
* Tuned like a Violin and Mandolin so all sheet music, beginner books, and tablature is instantly playable!
* Short 13" Scale length (like violins and early mandolins) -- needs only a light touch and is easy on your fingers.
* Arched, carved solid spruce top and mahogany back like the best mandolins and violins for fantastic TONE.
* Built-in Piezo electric pick-ups let you to plug in to any amp and go FULL ELECTRIC POWER!
* The slim and comfortable neck helps give easy fingering of notes.
* Adjustable height bridge, geared tuners, truss rod, and solid metal tailpiece -- just like on expensive mandolins.
* A beautiful clear natural finish that protects the wood, but lets the Fundolin sing sweetly.
* Easy to take with you everywhere in the included lightweight backpack gig bag.
* Sweet, lovely tone that is pleasant and delightful . . . even during quiet times or in the car.
* The Fundolin is handmade in the USA and is set-up for perfect, comfortable play right away!
Playing the Fundolin is FUN!